Unless you were living under a rock this past weekend, you knew that the 90th Academy Awards premiered on Sunday. As one of the biggest nights in Hollywood, the Academy Awards celebrates the best movies of the year, along with the men and women who helped create them. It’s easily one of the most watched television events of the year, and its easy to see why. From the star studded red-carpet to the showcase of the most well-reviewed movies (if reviews are your thing, check out our reviews of the best spy apps) there’s a little something for everyone.
But just in case you missed out on all the excitement from yesterday, here’s a quick recap of all the Oscar winners.
The 90th Academy Award Winners
- Best Picture: The Shape of Water
- Directing: Guillermo del Toro (The Shape of Water)
- Actress in a Leading Role: Frances McDormand (Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri)
- Actor in a Leading Role: Gary Oldman (Darkest Hour)
- Actress in a Supporting Role: Allison Janney (I, Tonya)
- Actor in a Supporting Role: Sam Rockwell (Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri)
- Original Song: Remember Me (Coco)
- Original Score: The Shape of Water
- Sound Editing and Mixing: Dunkirk
- Animated Short Film: Dear Basketball
- Live Action Short Film: The Silent Child
- Documentary Short Subject: Heaven Is a Traffic Jam on the 405
- Documentary Feature: Icarus
- Cinematography: Blade Runner 2049
- Production Design: The Shape of Water
- Costume Design: Phantom Thread
- Makeup and Hairstyling: Darkest Hour
Now that you know the results, do you agree with the Academy’s picks? Let us know what you think in the comments below.