What Is Ok Google?
Ok Google aka Google Assistant, is an AI virtual assistant which people can use to ask questions, search for recipes, create reminders, and more. It’s truly amazing what Ok Google enables you to do! It works on a variety of devices including:
- iPhone and Android Smartphones.
- Smart Speakers: Google, Harman, Bang & Olufsen, SOLIS, Sony, Panasonic, Onkyo, Mobvoi, Anker, LG, Polk, and Altec Lansing.
- Smart Displays: Google Home Hub, Lenovo Smart Display, Harman JBL LINK VIEW, and LG ThinQ View.
- Google Assistant Android Auto App.
- TVs with Google Assistant: NVIDIA SHIELD TV, Sony BRAVIA Android TV, and LG OLED AI TV.
- Laptops & Tablets: Google Pixelbook, Pixel Slate, Pixel State Keyboard, and Pixelbook pen.
- Wearables: GB, Guess, Hugo Boss, Misfit, Movado, Michael Kors, Fossil, Armani, Diesel, Louis Vuitton, TicWatch, Montblanc, Huawei, TAG Heuer, Casio, LG, Polar, and Nixon.
- Nest Cam IQ Indoor
As long as you have one of these devices, you’ll be able to use Ok Google. Now that we’ve described what Ok Google is, below you’ll learn how to turn on Ok Google.
How To Turn On Ok Google
Step 1: Open The Google App On Your Device
Unlock your device and search Google on your phone. Then, choose the Google App.
Step 2: Click on the three vertical lines that say More
Step 3: Choose Settings in the menu
Step 4: Press on Voice
Step 5: Click on Voice Match
Step 6: Turn on Access with Voice Match
Step 7A: If you haven’t set up your Assistant yet, follow the steps provided to activate it. If you have, then your Ok Google is turned on!
Step 7B: If you need to set-up Assistant, you’ll have to go back to Access with Voice Match and turn it on.
Now you know exactly what Ok Google is and how to turn it on. Hopefully, you’ve found this article instructional on how to turn on Ok Google with your device.