In only six short weeks, the most highly anticipated movie of the year, Avengers: Infinity War, will make it’s way into theaters around the world. But for the die-hard Marvel movie fans out there, six weeks can be an eternity. Fortunately, Marvel Studios has seen fit to grace us with a brand new Avengers: Infinity War trailer. Check out all the intense superhero action in the video below.
Who Made It Into The Final Trailer
Whenever you’re dealing with a new Marvel trailer, one thing is for certain, there will be superheroes. That being said, the final Avengers: Infinity War trailer takes this to the next level. In just a single scene we see Captain America, Black Panther, Bruce Banner (Hulk), War Machine, Vision, Scarlet Witch, Falcon, and everyone’s favorite secret spy, Black Widow. And that’s not all! Iron Man, Thor, Loki, Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, White Wolf (previously known as the Winter Soldier), and the entire Guardians of the Galaxy crew can also be seen at different points throughout the trailer.
Where Are The Infinity Stones?
It shouldn’t be too big of a surprise that a movie entitled Avengers: Infinity War has something to do with the Infinity Stones mentioned in previous Marvel movies. But unless you’ve recently sat down and watched all 18 movies, you may not know the whereabouts of these powerful gems. If that’s the case, here’s a quick breakdown for you.
- Space Stone: This blue gemstone resides within the Tesseract itself, giving the glowing cube its power. We last saw the Tesseract in Thor: Ragnorak sitting in Odin’s treasure room on Asgard. In the trailer however, Thanos can be seen crushing the Tesseract and placing the Space Stone in the Infinity Gauntlet.
- Power Stone: Those of you who saw Guardians of the Galaxy will remember the Power Stone as the purple jewel sought by Ronan the Accuser. After Ronan’s defeat, the Power Stone was given to the Nova Corps on planet Xandar for safe keeping.
- Reality Stone: In Thor: The Dark World, the Reality Stone first appears as a dark-red liquid referred to as “Aether.” It is later revealed that this “Aether” is actually the Reality Stone manifest in another form. During an end-credit scene, several Asgardians are shown giving the stone to the mysterious entity known as the “Collector.”
- Time Stone: First shown in the movie Doctor Strange, the Time Stone can be seen powering the “Eye of Agomotto.” After Strange uses the artifact to defeat the demon-lord Dormammu, he returns the Eye to it’s rightful place, the Kamar-Taj temple in Nepal. If you look closely at the trailer however, you will notice Strange wearing the green medallion in a few scenes.
- Mind Stone: This yellow gem has perhaps the most screen time out of all the Infinity Stones. First shown powering Loki’s staff in the first Avengers movie, the Mind Stone also played an important role in Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Avengers: Age of Ultron. The Mind Stone is currently embedded in Vision’s forehead.
- Soul Stone: Nobody knows! Seriously, at this point we’ve neither seen nor heard anything about the Soul Stone. There is plenty of speculation however. One popular fan theory insists that the Soul Stone is being held in the mountains of Wakanda. This would certainly explain why Thanos is trying to invade the Black Panther’s homeland in the trailer. Be on the lookout for this elusive stone when Avengers: Infinity War releases on April 27th.
Now that you’ve seen the final trailer, what aspect of Avengers: Infinity War has you the most excited? Let us know in the comment section!